Introduction – LAWMA’s mandate is to handle Public waste collection, disposal and clearance of backlog of waste. Domestic, Commercial and Industrial waste collection and disposal are handled by the accredited PSP operators all over the State.
Purpose – This Charter contains information on the scope of LAWMA’s services, conditions in which these services are rendered, and the right/responsibilities of the clients
- To provide unprecedented efficient waste management services to all domestic, industrial and commercial clients
- To ensure adequate provision of waste receptacles as an alternative to indiscriminate waste dumping
- To ensure adequate public enlightenment/education for reorientation on decent waste collection and disposal habits
- To ensure effective partnership with the private sector and other stakeholders in waste management
- To provide a professional, efficient and sustainable waste management and disposal service to the generality of Lagosians, corporate bodies and Government (Local and State) in Lagos.
Customer and stakeholder groups
- Commercial premises
- Industrial premises
- Government premises
- Motor parks
- Construction sites
- Offices etc
Service Provision and Delivery
All household are serviced at least once weekly
All highways are cleared of refuse by 8am daily
Medical waste are parked in customised receptacle and taken to designated pre-treatment plants before disposal
Markets waste are cleared daily
All Markets must Containerise their Waste.
The shorelines of the state are cleared regularly
Abandoned illegal dumpsites are cleared within one (1) hour of notification
Depending on location – Abandoned and/or unserviceable vehicles are removed within 24hrs of notification
Destruction of classified and expired waste products and materials
All illegal black spots to be eradicated
Landfill sites and Transfer Loading Station must operate to support disposal Services.
Recycle banks are placed in designated places all over the state
Recyclable materials are sorted and transported to designated places
All waste generators store their wastes and place them in appropriate locations for ease of collection
Advocacy, Enlightenment and Education
Ensure a robust relationship with the host communities
Continuous dissemination of information on effective waste management practises.
Marine Waste collection
Regular collection of waste along Lagos shorelines
Billing and waste service charge
All clients are to receive bills as at when due for services rendered
Special Needs Provision:
- LAWMA renders special evacuation assistance during disasters
- Free Services rendered to old people homes ,orphanage homes etc
- Town hall meetings held once a month at a particular local government headquarters where the CDAs, members of the public, LAWMA and LAWMA’s service providers interact on how to improve services
- ‘Open Day’ interaction between LAWMA and members of the public is organised annually
Customers are to call Lawma on the toll free lines;
- When there is no service
- When service is not rendered according to the provisions of this charter
- Customers must make their waste available only to licensed Lawma service providers
- Inaccessibility to some tenements for domestic waste collection due to poor road network
- non availability of residents during collection times
- poor sanitation habits of residents who prefer to dump their waste indiscriminately instead of giving such to licensed Lawma service providers
- Non payment for services rendered by Lawma service providers
Monitoring and evaluation
Daily monitoring reports(AM and PM reports) are assessed and analysed to identify where service has dwindled or non-existence. We quickly respond by sending intervention trucks in the first instance as a short term rescue operation, whilst the PSP are assigned to provide long term services.
Where to find us:
- Our corporate head office is at 3, Otto Road, Ijora-Olopa, Lagos
- our branch offices are in Ogudu, Ikeja, Mushin, Surulere, Ojo, Apapa, Lagos Island,Ebute Metta and Rowe Park-Yaba.
- Visit our website www.lawma.gov.ng for further information
We have a team of trained, committed and dedicated staff at LAWMA, we are passionate about what we do.
For complaints and enquiries, our customers can reach us on our toll free lines
- 5577(free from Glo line),
- 07080601020(free from Airtel line).
- Complaints can also be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our response to complaints is real-time-online.
Kindly reach us on any of the above phone numbers and email address for complaints, suggestion, observation and advice.