Every Civil Servant in the State would retire at a time in his/her service career and there is need to cater for them in terms of retirement benefits, welfare and a secured post-service life.This is the essence of Civil Service Pensions Office.The Office was formerly under the Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget before it was brought back to the Ministry of Establishment, Training and Pensions.
This Charter provides necessary information on various services that can be rendered to Pensioners in relation to their retirement benefits and welfare.
To have an efficient and effective Pensions Administration driven by Information technology where all retired and retiring are impacted with a sense of belonging in the Public Service with the assurance that their benefits are paid as at when due.
To be a Civil Service Pensions Office that is effective and efficient in the Management of Pensions Administration in the State manned by caring, honest, sincere and dedicated professionals who satisfy the need of every retired and retiring officer.
CUSTOMERS AND STAKEHOLDERS
- Lagos State Pensioners.
- Active Civil Servants.
- State Auditor Generals Office.
- State Treasury Office.
- Ministry of Justice.
- Lagos State Pension Commission.
- Teachers Establishment and Pensions Office.
- Local Government Pensions Board.
- Next of kins of deceased officers – Active/Retired.
SERVICE AND STANDARDS
There are four ( 4 ) standards that are constant with all our services – that;
- Pensioners are attended to within 20 mins of his/her arrival at any of our offices.
- Pensioners are given care and comfort.
- Pensioners are given listening ear concerning their request to allay their fears.
- Pensioners are provided with necessary advise on service related matters.
PENSION ADMINISTRATION DIRECTORATE
- Computation of retirement benefits are completed within four (4) days of submission of all required documents
- Final letter of retirement benefits will be ready within two (2) days after the State Auditor General’s approval
- During Pensioners Verification Exercise, publicity will be made on radio and national dailies to sensitize Pensioners for full participation
- Twenty (20) Verification Centres are provided to ensure easy access, proximity and comfort
- Home Verification are made available for the aged and those that are incapacitated on formal request.
PENSION ACCOUNTS DIRECTORATE
- Gratuity will be paid within thirty (30) days of receipt of file from Pension Administration Directorate.
- Initial Pension will be paid within another thirty (30) days of Gratuity payment.
- Monthly Pension will be paid on or before the seventh (7)day of every month.
- Pensioners request concerning Federal share are treated and forwarded to the Office of the Head of Service of the Federation within ten (10) working days.
- Monthly visit to the Office of the Head of Service of the Federation for reinbursement, reconciliation and payment of outstanding pensioners’ benefits.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION DIRECTORATE
- Pensioners that are Seventy (70) years and above are given a welfare pack at least once a year.
- Pensioners that are aged or incapacitated are visited at home within three (3) days of notification.
- Old/Aged Pensioners’ welfare are monitored through telephone calls on monthly basis
- There is a 49 – day Gratuity Release Plan consisting of 8 steps in which a Pensioner collects his/her gratuity within 49 days of his/her file getting to Pensions Office.
SPECIAL NEEDS PROVISION
- Pensioners are seen every Thursday in a dedicated comfortable office to attend to their pensions related queries/enquiries relating to payments and/or variation
- Stand-by ambulance and health facility tests are provided through the entire bi-annual biometrics verification exercise
- Home visits and verification are carried out bi-annually to our old age pensioners
- All pensions stakeholders meet with the Hon. Commissioner (Estab,Training & Pensions) quarterly to deliberate, resolve and formulate policies on pensions administration
- We host our pensioners bi-annually for the biometrics verification exercise (I am Alive), and also ascertain their health and investment needs
We advise our clients to please familiarise themselves with the following;
- Retiring officers must forward required documents through their MDAs to Pensions office to process their benefits
- Pensioners must present themselves for the bi-annual Biometrics Verification Exercise,
- Pensioners in diaspora must forward dully notarised documents stating they are alive to the Pensions office
- Payment of pensions on completion of reqiured process is not within the Pensions office control. The offices involved with the payment plan are to ensure prompt payment of retirement benefits to make the proposed plan effective.
REVIEW OF THIS CHARTER
- It shall be reviewed on yearly basis to see how we are meeting the Pensioners’ need.
WHERE TO FIND US
Minisry of Establishment,Training and Pensions
Block 17, Ground Floor and 2nd Floor,
Block 1, Ground Floor
OUR DEDICATED LINES
Permanent Secretary-018444499 or 08023092441
Director Pen. Admin.-018444488 or 08023219499
Director of Accounts-018444445 or 08033050274
Our Desk Officers -08185645736
On-line contact- email@example.com
We are a team of professionals which includes; Administrators, Accountants, Auditors, Statisticians, Program Analysts that are well versed in Pension matters.
If you are not satisfied with any of our services or the way you have been treated by our staff, please contact the Permanent Secretary or any of the Directors on the dedicated lines/personal lines listed above.
OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE SUGGESTIONS
We meet regularly as a body to review our services, if you have comments and suggestions on how we can serve you better, please call any of the dedicated lines/personal lines listed above or meet our desk officers or Service Delivery Unit Officer below;
Mr. S. A. Asegere – SDU Mr. G. O. C. Bada – SDU
Director of Accounts Director Pension Adminstration
Civil Service Pensions Office – Ministry of Establishments, Training & Pensions